Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd. (a division of Volker Stevin Canada) has the following full time hourly position available located in Grande Prairie, Alberta
(JOB ID: ML01318)
Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd. is seeking an experienced Trucking Dispatcher to work within our Grande Prairie shop. Under the direction of the Trucking Supervisor, has the overall responsibility to ensure trucks are dispatched to project sites on a timely and efficient basis.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience dispatching trucks within a heavy civil construction environment, an asset
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective at providing instruction and guidance
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient computer skills including working with Excel spreadsheets
- Must have a valid provincial driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Strong knowledge of TDG regulations, HOS, weights and dimensions, permitting, load securement and OH&S standards.
- Valid WHMIS, H2S Alive, TDG, eGSO (electronic General Safety Orientation) and Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) or Petroleum Safety Training (PST)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required an asset.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency within Microsoft Office Suites.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team or independently, across multiple functional areas, and with various professional disciplines
- Must be able to make decisions calmly and efficiently in high stress environments
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Minimum one-year relevant experience preferred in the fluid management and or trucking industry.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Click for more details - Trucking Dispatcher Position Profile
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Mainline Construction, quoting Competition #ML01318 - TruckDispatch:
By email: Careers@volkerstevin.ca
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.