Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. (Bridges and Infrastructure Division) is seeking a Full-Time Project Assistant.
Bridges - Project Assistant
(JOB ID: 2-670082211)
Working as part of a team, the Project Assistant will provide overall support of multidisciplined Construction Projects in the Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia. Primary responsibility will be the accurate and timely preparation of cost estimates and proposals. Extended responsibilities will include sourcing tenders and possible project opportunities, scheduling, quantity take-offs, development of construction procedures, and maintenance of production databases.
We are engineers, technologists, project managers, estimators, builders, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure and maximize benefit to the community.
- Develop the technical expertise and field experience to select optimal machinery and utilize necessary construction strategies and methodologies to perform major tasks safety.
- Develop the technical expertise and CSA navigation skills to design construction infrastructure.
- Support Estimating as required – attend pre-tender meetings, review tender documents, close tender with Estimating team.
- Collaborate with other divisions of Volker Stevin Canada, including Volker Stevin Contracting and McNally Contractors.
- Perform on-site observations and inspections to confirm compliance with contract documents.
- Assist the Project Managers to responsibly execute Bridge and Infrastructure projects by developing construction procedures, including, but not limited to:
- Traffic accommodation strategies.
- Emergency response plans.
- Care of water plans.
- Detour designs.
- Launching procedures.
- Demolition procedures.
- Piling procedures.
- Erection procedures.
- Concrete pour procedures.
- Cold weather procedures.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Read, analyze, and interpret plans and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Scheduling experience.
- Must possess strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Co-op experience is an asset.
- Field experience is an asset.
Click for more details - Bridges - Project Assistant
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Highways Ltd., quoting JOB ID: 2-670082211
Online: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview