(Job ID: 3-WIL0222111)
Reporting to a Foreman, an Laborer, Asphalt Plant is responsible for ensuring the plant is kept clean, greased and is in good working order. Preforming maintenance of plant equipment, on conveyors, electric motors, gear boxes, feeder bins, drum mixers and other related plant equipment. The Asphalt Plant Labourer will need the ability to work in a team environment, perform physical labor, learn to operate heavy equipment (skid steer and loader experience preferred), and work long hours during the asphalt season
• Inspect and grease all parts of plant daily.
• Clean up shovel, sand, gravel, asphalt and other plant materials.
• Learn to safely unload hot oil form the delivery trucks.
• Perform plant maintenance and repairs.
• Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
• Run plant clean out dump truck and water truck.
• Learn to operate front end loader, skid steer or other heavy equipment.
• Perform set up and take down of plants at different job sites as required.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
• 1 to 2 years as an Asphalt Plant Laborer is preferred, but appropriate training will be provided.
• Must have own/ reliable transportation
• Class 5 license with ability to drive standard. Operator’s license preferred.
• Understanding of computerized controls and electronics preferred.
• Knowledge of Loader and Skid Steer operation preferred.
• Confined Space, Fall Protection and H2S Alive training preferred.
• Basic knowledge of mechanics and equipment repair.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Online: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those with asphalt experience will be given first consideration.
Wilson Industries Ltd was incorporated in May 1977, and is located in Fort McMurray, a community within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo in Northern Alberta. The company operates out of a modern, newly constructed 8,000 square foot building with an adjoining 12,000 square foot shop on 10 acres of land.
This facility is strategically located on busy highway 63, two kilometers north of the city, and has access to all major Oil Sands facilities. Originally a specialty paving company, the organization has evolved to provide additional services including sewer and water installations, excavation, site grading, sand and gravel supply, concrete works and snow clearing services.