Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.01.04.21
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full time seasonal position available located in Calgary, Alberta
(JOB ID: 1-620062111)
Reporting to Foreman, a Material Transfer Unit (Shuttle Buggy) Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Shuttle Buggy. This position will operate asphalt shuttle buggy while communicating with dump personnel to facilitate a consistent speed and uniform distribution of asphalt material.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry.
• 2 to 3 years of experience as a Shuttle Buggy Operator is required.
• Valid Class 5 Operator’s License; a clean Driver Abstract.
• Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
• Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
• Ability to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Willingness to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
• Willingness to work overtime, as required
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Canada, quoting the Job ID# 1-620062111
Online: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.