Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd.15.03.21
Mainline Construction (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the followings full time hourly positions available located in Grande Prairie, Alberta
Job ID: (5-ML0142111)
Supporting Mainline Construction and its diverse group of related companies, the Purchasing Group supports Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process to maximize service to external and internal customers, contributing to the strong and reliable reputation of Volker Stevin Group as a whole. Purchaser supports a Project Manager and field crews by creating purchasing orders and placing the orders to the vendors.
• Data entry: input information from customers into an electronic purchase order form.
• Ensure information entered the ERP accurately reflects customer needs.
• Liaise with Project Managers, Accounts Payable and Receiving groups and support these groups with any questions or concerns regarding the purchase orders.
• Complete purchase order reconciliations and investigation, particularly at year end but also weekly and monthly as requested.
• Collect and evaluate vendor pricing to create an annual pruchasing strategy.
• Provide feedback to the Controller for any issues encountered in the P2P process for future system and process improvement.
• Support any P2P process changes and improvements to deliver on business goals, where necessary.
• Ensure that month-end deadlines over the AP cycles are adhered to, making sure that invoices relating to the current month are entered in the system (when supporting Accounts Payable).
• Ensure that timely payments are made based on payment terms with each vendor (when supporting Accounts Payable).
Qualification & Experience:
• High School Diploma.
• Experience working in a customer service setting is an asset.
• Experience working with a database and/or financial system is an asset. Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience is an asset.
• Experience of working in construction industry and specifically knowledge of material types and vendors is an asset.
• Knowledge and expertise of major ERP application. (Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an asset)
• Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams).
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd., quoting Job ID: (5-ML0142111)
Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd.
Northridge Industrial Park
Grande Prairies, AB
Website: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.