Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd.27.03.21
Mainline Construction (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the followings full time contract (1 year) positions available located in Grande Prairie (preferred) or Calgary, Alberta.
Please note that a target start date of this position is March 15, 2021.
Job ID: (5-ML0032112)
Reporting to a Controller at Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd, a Senior Accountant is a key support in reporting financial results and leading finance and accounting functions of Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd. as well as coordinating its integration with the parent company standard business processes and reporting.
Providing accounting knowledge and leadership skills within an entrepreneurial fast-paced office and operations environment, a Senior Accountant will assist a Controller to ensure alignment of accounting and reporting processes within the context of the company and accounting standards and policies, while maintaining financial insight and analytical value to the local management.
Through the successful support of applied continuous improvement experience, lead and control the company’s financial affairs management to maximize the return to its shareholders.
• Perform reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, including the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger.
• Prepare monthly entries and working papers for submission to the Corporate group.
• Prepare financial information for quarterly reports.
• Work closely with a Controller to ensure all external audit critical information is available.
• Oversee the accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable functions and assist in any coverage necessary within those functions.
• Maintain manuals documenting accounting procedures and policies including database and other financial processes.
• Prepare working papers and excel spreadsheets to facilitate the preparation of quarterly and yearly departmental budgets and forecasting.
• Conduct collection and analysis of historical data to be used in the budget process.
• Assist in month-end analysis and summarizing account information.
• Maintain financial security by researching and reconciling discrepancies, auditing and verifying documents, and following internal controls.
• Accomplish tasks on time and contribute to the team by taking on special projects as needed.
• Support other Volker Steven subsidiaries when required.
• Other duties as requested by the Controller, GM, or Volker Stevin Canada CFO.
Qualification & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the accounting field.
• At least a year of daily working experience in a complex ERP financial environment (Vista by Viewpoint, Microsoft D365 would be considered an asset).
• Excellence in organizational, interpersonal, relationship and communication skills.
• Experience in the heavy construction industry with a focus on project equipment and labour costing is an asset.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
Please submit applications/resumes to Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd., quoting Job ID: (5-ML0032112)
Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd.
Northridge Industrial Park
Grande Prairies, AB
Website: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.