Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd. (a division of Volker Stevin Canada) has the following hourly position available located in Grande Prairie, Alberta
Backfill Hoe Operator
Job ID# ML0501911
Mainline Construction Ltd. is seeking an experienced Backfill Hoe Operator. Reporting to the Foreman, the Backfill Hoe Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the construction hoe and to perform duties as assigned to ensure the work completed is delivered according to contract specifications.
The Backfill Hoe Operator will be accountable for such duties but not limited to the following:
- Operate the hoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary.
- Work with ground personnel in the excavation and installation process of laying pipe on line and grade.
- Ensure trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade.
- Responsible for placement of water, storm and sanitary sewer pipe in the excavation.
- Follow directions of ground crew regarding craning, gravel placement and grading.
- Cut grade with minimal time spent on excavating to ensure production is on schedule.
- Conduct trench work, which meets OH&S requirements.
- Operate Hoe on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Be aware of proper rigging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during the lowering of materials into the excavation.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Hoe
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school or equivalent; with experience in related construction activities
- Class 5 license; clean abstract
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience within the Construction Industry
- 2 – 3 years’ experience operating a Hoe is required
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Click for more details - Backfill Hoe Operator Profile