Volker Stevin Highways Ltd.06.04.20
Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. (Bridges and Infrastructure Division) is seeking experienced Bridge Workers to work on the construction of the HWY 1 over CP Rail Bridge located approximately 25 km west of Maple Creek, Saskatchewan. Construction will be commencing in April and is to be completed by October of 2020
(JOB ID: 2-670102011)
Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. is seeking for experienced Bridge Workers. Under a direction of a Foreman, these positions require skilled construction workers involved with the maintenance and construction of bridge structures and other types of related infrastructure. The work involves a wide variety of activities using various tools, equipment, and materials.
Maintenance and construction duties include, but are not limited to the following: working at considerable heights, performing strenuous work in an outdoor setting, working with a variety of hand and power tools and equipment, working with and around heavy construction equipment, work as a flag-person, work with a variety of new and salvage materials ensuring optimum usage, and other duties as required. This position requires adequate physical strength and agility to perform the required tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license; with a clean abstract.
• Experience in heavy civil construction.
• Knowledge fabricating, building, and removing formwork and falsework including installation of embedded metals.
• Experience placing, consolidating, finishing, and curing concrete for all types of structural elements in all weather conditions.
• Inspect and maintain the vehicles, tools and equipment that are used to ensure Company standards are met, and promptly report any possible problems or defects.
Work Environment / Conditions:
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Highways Ltd., quoting JOB ID: 2-670102011.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview