Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full time salaried positions available located in Elbow River, Alberta.
Contract Support Technician, Highways
Job ID# 6602719
Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. is seeking experienced Contract Support Technician to oversee our CMA 520 highway maintenance area (Canmore, Kananaskis, Scott Lake, Elbow River, Cochrane, Crossfield, Inverlake, and Beiseker); working out of Elbow River, Alberta. The Contract Support Technician (CT) will assist in the overall planning and coordination of Highway Maintenance activities and focus on the contract deliverables to ensure completion within budget, on time, as per contract requirements and specifications in a safe, environmentally conscious, timely and cost-effective manner. This role also supports the Area Superintendent in planning and scheduling materials and people as well as providing support in the assigned area of operations, cost, quality, safety and providing leadership by overseeing the performance of vendors, sub-contractors and field staff.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Three years of experience in a management/supervisory role.
- Five years of experience in the Highway Maintenance industry or related field experience.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License (Class 3, preferred), with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to manage business operations and coordinate the efforts of maintenance crews with the assistance of the Foremen and operational management 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Knowledge of resource management.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- A suitable sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Support to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
o Ability in MS Excel to develop spreadsheets for project estimating, manpower and equipment data collection.
o Ability in MS Word to prepare letters and reports as required for project estimates for other clients.
o Ability in MS Outlook to send/receive email, manage inbox, manage calendar, etc.
- Experience with ViewPoint ERP, an asset.
Work Environment / Conditions:
- High level of social contact; works closely with supervised staff.
- Communicates by telephone, e-mail, and in-person discussions (i.e. writing emails, letters and memos).
- Travel for onsite visits, meetings, etc., is required.
- On-call availability is required year-round.
Click for more details - Contract Support Technician Position Profile
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Highways Ltd., quoting Competition #6602719:
By email: 2019Highways@volkerstevin.ca
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.