Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.07.12.18
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full-time hourly position available located in CALGARY, Alberta
(JOB ID: 6207518)
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking for a Gas Fuser to work within our Calgary location for the construction season. Reporting to the Foreman, the Gas Fuser performs fusions on gas pipe to is responsible for providing full installation cycle of Gas facilities. The Gas Fuser is responsible for installing and completing all main line connections including fittings, installing all service punch tees, competing tracer wire connections, pressure testing completed main. In addition, this position is responsible for submitting test documentation and ensuring proper documentation for as-builts. The Gas Fuser will provide support to crews installing gas main, tracer wire, and placing on line.
This job entails all aspects of an ability to interpret gas prints and performing full installation cycles duties such as, but not limited to, the following: Measure and stake gas line in the proper locations, ensure that all tees are installed correctly, tested, tracer wire installed and staked and ensure that all deviation to line assignment, changes in fitting location or requirements are documented for as-built records. Complete all required pressure testing of the Atco facilities and submit all approved test documentation at the end of the project, and communicating with Atco inspectors on-site. Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite; ensuring the worksite is organized and free of clutter, rubble and garbage.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Minimum of 1 – 2 years of Gas Fusing experience.
• Ability to complete live gas tie-ins in a safe and professional manner as per Atco.
• Demonstrates and understanding and familiarization of all of Atco required work procedures.
• Certified Atco fuser up to 8” for both pipe and tee is a requirement
• Demonstrates and understanding and the ability to interpret Atco gas prints.
• Class 5 Driver’s License; clean Driver’s Abstract
• Must be physically able to repetitively life and carry at least 40 LBS on a regular basis.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd., quoting job title “GAS FUSER” AND the job ID #: "6207518”
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview