Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.03.05.19
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full time hourly position available located in Calgary, Alberta
(JOB ID: 620391911)
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking for a Heavy Equipment Hauler to work within our Calgary area for the upcoming construction season and the foreseeable future. Reporting to the Foreman, the Heavy Equipment Hauler is responsible for the safe and effective transportation of asphalt/aggregates materials and heavy equipment throughout the Calgary area. The Heavy Equipment Hauler is proficient in the use of a diverse range of construction equipment, including, Graders, Pavers, variations of Packers, Rollers, Scrapers, Track Machines and other pieces of equipment.
The Heavy Equipment Hauler will be accountable for duties such as, but not limited to, the following: Operate the Heavy Haul Truck and other construction equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Conduct the pre-trip inspection to ensure safe transporting of equipment. Drive the Heavy Haul Truck to the location to unload or load equipment as required for the job in a timely manner. Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that the vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment used is properly positioned. Load equipment, such as tanks, construction machinery, testing labs and asphalt plant equipment onto truck trailer. Manually tied down loaded equipment using devices such as chains and boomers. Operate various pieces of construction equipment for the purpose of loading and unloading.
Qualifications and Experience:
•Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience moving equipment required.
• High-School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Valid Class 1 Operator’s License, with a clean Driver Abstract.
• Physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
• Knowledge of the National Safety Code is a required
• Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
• General knowledge of city, provincial and national safety regulations.
• Knowledge Haul Truck, and various pieces and styles of Construction Equipment.
• Availability to work both out-of-town and remote locations.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd., quoting job title “Equipment Hauler” AND the job ID #:”620391911”
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.