Volker Stevin Canada is seeking the ideal candidate, located in Calgay, Alberta, for the position of:
Injury Management Specialist
(JOB ID: 50-980551912 )
Supporting Volker Stevin Canada and all subsidiaries, the Injury Management Specialist, reports to the Manager, Claims and Risk/Loss as it relates to safety, risk and loss prevention and WCB claims management.
This position exists to:
- Manage, administer and improve upon Volker Stevin’s workplace injury management program.
- Align WCB legislative/regulatory requirements with Volker Stevin policies, practices and procedures.
- Advise internal stakeholders as a subject matter expert in all areas related to workplace injuries and illness.
- Serve as a catalyst and expert resource in the development and implementation of workplace health and safety policy, practices and procedures that promote and maintain a positive safety culture.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to continuously improve upon Volker Stevin’s risk management and loss prevention strategies.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years previous experience managing disability claims and/or WCB claims.
- A Health Science Degree and/or other related health discipline is an asset.
- Disability Management Certificate/Diploma is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the Workers' Compensation Board policies & procedures on workplace investigations, reports and appeal processes and claims management.
- In depth knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- General knowledge of the various legislations such as, Employment Standards Codes, Human Rights and the Personal Information Protection Act.
- Effective skills in interviewing injured workers & investigating workplace accidents.
- Experience writing clear, concise reports for Management & WCB.
- Strong verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills to interact with employees, employers, team members and treatment providers in a caring, approachable, yet objective manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with clients and team members.
- Ability to adhere to established policies, processes and guidelines.
- Ability to remain objective and demonstrate good decision-making skills in challenging scenarios.
- Practice diplomacy, discretion and the utmost confidentiality on all issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Adopts the Companies claims management philosophy and represents this philosophy in a firm, unwavering manners.
Click for more details - Injury Management Specialist Position Profile
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Canada, quoting Competition #50-980551912 - Injury Management Specialist:
Online: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.