Volker Stevin Canada is seeking the ideal candidate, located in Calgary, Alberta, for the position of:
Senior Accountant, Contracting- Accounting & Finance
JOB ID: 50-910531912
Reporting to the Contracting Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for providing support with
executing financial reporting and accounting activities including performing detailed project analysis,
managing the Plants/Pits/Oil divisions and supervising junior accountants and assistants.
Working collaboratively with the accounting team, the Senior Accountant will provide assistance in various financial reporting functions, thereby increasing the timeliness and quality of financial information provided to management and internal/external parties.
The Senior Accountant will:
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting knowledge and the ability to apply those skills to the Volker Stevin Canada group of companies.
- Provide timely financial reporting of tasks assigned to the Contracting Controller.
- Demonstrate a solution-driven approach with respect to issues identified in accounting practices or internal controls.
- Provide value-added business process analysis, including analysis of process weaknesses, implications and recommendations.
- Maintain a high level of organization on all aspects of data management.
- Maintain a high level of discretion in all confidential issues.
- Maintain a professional image with internal and external contacts.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Accounting designation required (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA or equivalent).
- Relevant post-secondary business degree in accounting or finance.
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge and application in IFRS and Canadian ASPE frameworks.
- 2+ years in a supervisory accounting role with oversight over junior staff.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a professional environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented, ability to show initiative and take responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in construction industry, an asset.
- Experience in project accounting, an asset.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Advanced Excel skills, including but not limited to Pivot tables and V-Lookups.
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint ERP, or another relevant ERP, an asset.
Click for more details - Senior Accountant Position Profile
Volker Stevin offers competitive wages and benefits - Medical, Dental, RRSP contributions and more. Volker Stevin is a great career choice!
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Canada, quoting Competition #50-910531912- Senior Accountant:
Website: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.