Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd. (a subsidiary of Volker Stevin Canada) has the following full time position available located in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Trucking Dispatcher, Trucking Division
JOB ID: ML03519
Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd. is seeking an experienced Trucking Dispatcher. Reporting to the Trucking Manager, the Trucking Supervisor has the overall responsibility to ensure trucks are dispatched to project sites on a timely and efficient basis as well ensuring the drivers and equipment are working in a safe, efficient manner.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience dispatching trucks within a heavy civil construction environment, an asset
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective at providing instruction and guidance
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient computer skills including working with Excel spreadsheets
- Must have a valid provincial driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Strong knowledge of TDG regulations, HOS, weights and dimensions, permitting, load securement and OH&S standards.
- Valid WHMIS, H2S Alive, TDG, eGSO (electronic General Safety Orientation) and Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) or Petroleum Safety Training (PST)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required an asset.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency within Microsoft Office Suites.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team or independently, across multiple functional areas, and with various professional disciplines
- Must be able to make decisions calmly and efficiently in high stress environments
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Minimum three-year relevant experience preferred in the management and or trucking industry
If you are interested or know of a qualified candidate, please submit a cover letter and resume directly
to Careers@mainlineconstruction.ca at your earliest convenience and no later than May 6th, 2019.
Please reference the Job ID: “ML03519”
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Canada, quoting Competition #ML03519 - Trucking Dispatcher
By email: Careers@mainlineconstruction.ca
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.