Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd. (a division of Volker Stevin Canada) has the following hourly position available located in Grande Prairie, Alberta
Job ID# ML0511911
Supporting Mainline Construction Operations, the Underground Foreman is responsible for the supervision of their assigned crew and equipment, and to perform duties assigned according to contract specifications. The Foreman is also responsible to present a professional image and attitude in all dealings with the client, the public and fellow workers. To ensure all tasks are carried out in a safe and responsible manner.
The Underground Foreman will be accountable for such duties but not limited to the following:
- Supervise work at their assigned jobsite, including conducting daily field safety & environmental inspections as required, and maintain records and reporting.
- Check delivery of materials to verify accuracy of bills of lading and notify supervisor of material delivery discrepancies.
- Ensure materials required are available before they are needed to maintain a steady work flow on the jobsite.
- Ensure good employee relations are maintained and all training requirements are achieved. Ensure there is optimization of all resources through proper planning and co-ordination of work.
- Ensure all employees, with special emphasis on new hires, have had orientation training for the tasks they are required to perform and/or equipment they are expected to operate.
- Responsible to ensure uniformity and compliance with contract specifications. Responsible for review, completion and corrections on all required documentation which includes Daily Timesheets, tailgate meetings, and incident reporting.
- Ensure all operations are conducted in a safe and responsible manner in conjunction with the Safety/Project Supervisor. Duties are to be carried out as per A.L.O.H. & S. Regulations and the Safety Management Guide. Provide response to emergency situations and ensure proper actions taken.
- To be aware of one's own condition and relative fitness for duty and ensure total readiness for work.
- To inspect and maintain the vehicle assigned to him/her to Company standards and promptly report any and all possible problems or defects.
- Other duties as may be defined from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum five years’ experience in construction
- High School education or extensive experience
- Valid Class 5 AB driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Thorough knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Board Health and Safety Regulations.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Click for more details - Underground Foreman Position Profile